Hudson turned 3 weeks yesterday! It is hard to believe in some ways that he is already 3 weeks, but in others it does seem like he was born a long time ago!
Our first two weeks really went well, and went by quickly. My mom was here with us and was a HUGE help. She did all the cooking, cleaning, and shopping. It allowed me to be able to focus on keeping Hudson fed, and for me to get some sleep. Our church small group was fantastic support and brought us meals every few days, and came by to visit us! We are so thankful for our friends here.
My mom left about a week ago, and it was about that time Hudson decided he was going to become more fussy (we think he just misses his Grammy!) So we've been adjusting to life with a more awake, more fussy baby. He has had a few bad nights, but overall he still sleeps pretty well. At his two week checkup he weighed 9lbs 8oz, and the doctor seemed happy with his weight gain.
We were excited to have Jason's mom and sisters come to visit us last week, but unfortunately they were sick and unable to come =(. We miss them a lot and I also think that's another reason Hudson is fussy! =) Hopefully they will be able to find another time to come and visit soon. We miss you guys!
This week my sister Ellen has been with us, and we are again very thankful for the help. Jason is back to school this week, so it has been nice for me to have an extra set of hands as I am still adjusting to life with Hudson. He is fussier, but also still quite cute! He is trying to grab on to some things now, and can be quite attentive to things. He is starting to track things with his eyes too.
Here's Hudson's 3 week photo!
Happy Mom Day
1 year ago

Kim, He is SOOOO cute! I love the pics of your Mom and Ellen holding him. And he sounds just like Calvin who also became fussy at two weeks. I feel for you! I wish, wish, wish I had done an extreme elimination from all dairy and casein from my diet for a couple weeks (not just the few days that I tried) b/c I still wonder if that was the root of his crankiness and reflux (you do remember the spit-up, right? :)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Hudson's soft baby head - that's one of my favorite things about a newborn. :) Hang in there girl, and see if you can find a Mom's group!