Saturday, August 7, 2010

Hand Update

My hand is doing SO much better. It took about a week for it to get to the point where I could use it without pain and discomfort. Thankfully Jason was able to be home most of the days to help with Hudson. He even got up with me in the night to help me move Hudson around while I fed him. Jason was on full time diaper duty for about a week, and my friend Kristen took her turn as well! =) One of the biggest problems I've had is burping Hudson, but I've learned to adjust.

My hand is not back to 100% yet, but it is better every day. At this point it has completely sealed itself shut and no longer looks like an open cut. I still have swelling near the cut and some stiffness when I close my hand into a fist. However, I have full range of motion of all my fingers and I am SO thankful that there is no permanent damage.

I have been more cautious about using knives--which is probably a good thing. I want all of you to know that I have eaten some avacado on several occasions since the accident! I have NOT cut it--I left that to Jason. =)

Thanks for the concern and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment