Saturday, January 22, 2011

Weeks 43-46

Time is flying by! I can't believe it has been a month again since I blogged. I will try to catch up soon with posts about our trip to PA and Rochester. But to tide you over I'll put up Hudson's weekly photos with a brief summary of the week.

Week 43


We had a great time visiting Jason's family in PA and Hudson enjoyed his first Christmas. He was thrilled with the wrapping paper, tissue paper, and all the bows that he got, and also was pretty happy with his actual gifts. ;-) He got some good books, fun toys, and a special Pooh ride-on car from his Great Grandma and Grandpa. Hudson enjoyed looking at all the Christmas lights.


Week 44

We also had a great time with my family in Rochester for New Years. It was nice that Hudson was feeling better than he had been at Thanksgiving, and was able to enjoy more time with his aunts, grandparents, and great-grandparents. Hudson started making the connection that a light switch turns a light on and off.


Week 45

While we enjoyed being on vacation, it was also nice to be back home! Hudson said his first word, "light" on January 11th! It was clear that between the Christmas lights and his light switch practice he found the word he wanted to say! He is more stable with standing and needs less and less to pull up on. He is a very active little guy.


Week 46

The big event this week was that Hudson got sick. He had a fever for about 24 hours that was pretty high--it maxed out around 104. =( This was by far the sickest he has ever been. We spent most of Thursday cuddling on the couch and trying to keep his fever down. He was content to lay his head on my lap, and didn't show much interest in moving. That is how I knew that he was quite sick. Thankfully by Friday morning his high fever was gone, and Hudson was back to being active. We are thankful that it doesn't appear that this was anything serious.

Today we realized that Hudson is able to take some steps only holding on with one hand! He's getting closer and closer to walking.

Hopefully soon I'll have a few more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment