Yesterday was a big day in the Zentz household! We have known since a few days before Hudson's birthday that we were expecting our second child, and have been very excited. I've been feeling pretty good--all considered! I have been less nauseous this time around, but still generally feeling crummy several times a day. I have also been quite tired. I just attributed these things to the fact that I was taking care of Hudson and probably not getting as much sleep as the first time around.
Yesterday was my first OB appointment. I got to see the doctor who delivered Hudson and really enjoyed seeing her again. Jason wasn't planning on coming to the appointment because he had class, and a good friend was watching Hudson. But the doctor wheeled in an ultrasound machine, so I called Jason to tell him to come over. While we were waiting for Jason, the doctor and I were joking about family history of twins (I have sisters that are fraternal twins) and how I hoped it was one baby, but we would take what we were given. The doctor just laughed. Then she did an ultrasound! Neither of us could believe what we saw--two babies! Plan as day, it was obvious that God had blessed us with TWINS. Shortly after this discovery Jason arrived and was able to see the ultrasound for himself. I think the doctor was a surprised as we were!
The twins are looking good and were moving around quite a bit. They are measuring a little bit big, but the doctor wasn't too surprised given how big Hudson was. She didn't change the due date, so we are expecting our latest arrivals sometime around November 6th (probably a few weeks earlier). Because they are twins, I will be receiving more ultrasounds to monitor their size and growth. I have been referred to the specialists at Maternal Fetal Medicine, and will be getting my ultrasounds with them. (This is the same place that monitored Hudson's size in my last few months.) It is not clear at this point if they are fraternal or identical, but there does appear to be good separation between the babies--which is great. The doctor felt that given the family history, that it was likely that the twins are fraternal, but that we'd find out later (maybe by ultrasound or maybe when they are born--she wasn't sure).
We are thrilled with the news, but also overwhelmed with the idea of two babies at once! I know that this is a blessing from God. My mom reminded me that God has given these babies to us, and that He will provide us with what we need to take care of them. I am thankful that I can trust God to be able to meet all our needs.
We would definitely appreciate your prayers that we would trust in God, and not worry or fret about things. Please also pray that the babies will develop well, and that we will have the strength and wisdom to deal with any situations that may arise. With many friends who have experienced loss of their babies through miscarriage, we are praising God for the gifts he has given to us.
We will keep you updated as we find out more information! Thanks for rejoicing with us.
Happy Mom Day
1 year ago


So excited!! Can't wait to meet them in a few months :O)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! How exciting!
ReplyDelete