Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Still waiting....

The twins are taking their time in arriving! Which I'm sure is better for them, but I am definitely anxious to meet these little ones and hold them in my arms AND be able to hand them off to someone else to carry! ;-) I had an ultrasound on Monday this week and the babies continue to do well and are on the big side as usual. The boy weighed in at 6lbs 5oz (63rd percentile) and the girl was 7lbs 14oz (97th percentile)...so in case you need help with the math like I did, that is a total of 14lbs 3oz! Yikes! No wonder I'm having trouble getting around. Needless to say, I am ready for them to decide it is time to arrive.

Tuesday I had an appointment with my OB and she agreed that it would be good to induce the twins at 38 weeks if they haven't made an appearance yet. So the plan is that I will be induced on Friday, October 21st if the twins still aren't here. I am still really hoping they come before then on their own, but am glad to have an end date in sight. Tuesday I also had my first non-stress test for the babies. It was quite an experience watching the nurses struggle to find both babies heartbeats at the same time. They really had trouble getting the boy's heartbeat, probably because he wasn't staying still. Finally (after 1.25 hours) they had me move onto my side and then they were able to capture both heart rates at the same time. The babies responded well during the monitoring and the staff saw what they needed to conclude the babies were doing well.

My contractions picked up again last night (Tuesday) and we thought, maybe this is it! They were pretty regular and strong, but when I tried to go to sleep, they stopped and so it wasn't the "real deal"...oh well. I know every day that the babies stay put is good for them.

My next appointment is on Tuesday, 10/18 for another non-stress test and a final check-in with the OB. At that point she will decide when I should come in for an induction (Thursday night or Friday). My parents are planning to arrive in time to watch Hudson during my appointment and then be here to help with things in the final few days before the babies come. I am looking forward to seeing them and having some extra hands to help. Hudson will be thrilled to have more people to play with him--he's been anxiously awaiting Grammy and Pa's arrival for over a week now!

I am so thankful that the babies are doing well and that I am healthy. I am praying that I will be able to avoid a c-section, but know that it is a real possibility. My goal is healthy babies and if that means a c-section then so be it. At this point the babies are still positioned well (head down), so that is a praise. I know that I am in good hands here at the hospital and with my doctors. We praise God for a healthy pregnancy, good sized babies, and endurance for me. Keep praying, but hopefully soon you will hear about the twins arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment