Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekly Photos (34-36)


Our little lion--his Halloween costume

Hudson has really been such fun these last few weeks. He has learned how to pull himself up on almost anything now and is getting more and more steady while standing. He hardly has to hold on to anything these . days =). He is really getting around our house quickly now and needs to be watched more carefully. I can hardly put him in the bumbo anymore when I'm getting ready because he crawls right out of it! He is also taking more spills as he explores more. On Sunday he had his first bloody injury when he split open his lip after falling on his face. He had quite a swollen lip for the rest of the day, but was looking pretty normal on Monday morning.

He continues to fill our home with giggles and smiles. He is enjoying eating and has really taken to feeding himself bits of food. He will eat veggies as long as he can feed himself! He's successfully tried peas, butternut squash, carrots, and beans. He seems to like them all! I've noticed an increase in the amount of food he wants to eat, so I am working on giving him solid food more than twice a day.


In the last week or so we've noticed a bit more "stranger anxiety" but he still will let other people hold him. He also has started to show fear for some things--particularly the vacuum cleaner, but only when it is off. If its on and I'm using it he doesn't seem to mind it but getting it out and putting it away caused some very fearful tears.

He has been wearing 12 month clothes and fits into some 18month stuff! He seems to be really growing in length. By our best measurements we guess he's about 29" right now. He's been wearing 18 month one piece zip up pajamas to accommodate all the layers underneath to keep him warm.

We are so thankful for our son! God has truly blessed us by allowing us to be this boy's parents.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can't keep back the tears! He is so precious and I love to hear how you describe him and your interractions with him! I am so thankful that you, Kim, entered our family 2 years ago and have been such an incredible mommy to Hudson!

    ReplyDelete