Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Times Two!

We had two Christmases this year--one in Rochester and one in Pennsylvania.

We were able to spend a week and half with my family in Rochester and had a great time seeing them and lots of different friends. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures of Christmas, but it was a wonderful visit. There were many events that we squeezed into the time there. We had several different teas, brunches, and dinners with good friends to celebrate birthdays and being together. My sisters and I also resurrected the string quartet and played Christmas carols at our grandparents' retirement community. It was the first time I had played in several months and there was only one time I hit my belly with my bow and missed a few notes! =). I enjoyed being able to play again. It was also wonderful to see my sister Karen who was home from Portugal! We enjoyed being together as a family for the first time in about four months. The time went by so quickly, but we enjoyed the time we had in Rochester. Here's a picture of the baby's first Christmas present from his Rochester grandparents! =) So adorable!



We left and headed to Pennsylvania on the 30th, and were excitedly welcomed by Jason's mom and sisters. They were anxious for our arrival because they had waited to open their presents until we arrived! We sat down to a quick dinner and then dove into the piles of presents! =) I am always amazed at the things Mom can find for all of us--most every single thing a big bargain! There are a number of pictures that Heather took on facebook, but here are a few highlights of the tree, baby ornament, one of the many books Jason got about being a godly father, and our Christmas stockings!

 


We also got to enjoy some time with Jason's dad. He took us to visit Longwood Gardens which is a beautiful estate with lots of gardens and a beautiful indoor garden conservatory. It was still decorated for Christmas, and was gorgeous! We of course forgot our camera... but it was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment