Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hand Surgery

Yesterday morning I had surgery on my left hand to correct the vascular malformation (as my surgery paperwork says). I arrived at 7am and was taken back to be prepped at about 7:30am. The actual surgery started around 8:30am and I was done shortly after 9am. The surgeon told me that everything went really well and that I was "lucky" to have missed a nerve on either side of my stab wound. I know that that was God protecting me!

I was home by 9:45am and really am not in significant pain. I am taking Advil and Tylenol and that is keeping me comfortable. My hand is wrapped and I'm supposed to be keeping it elevated, which is hard to do. But the hardest thing is to try and follow the direction not to use it at all for about a week.

I'm so thankful that Allison is here. She's been cooking and taking care of Hudson. It's also been a lot of fun to have someone here to keep me company. We've been having fun and laughing together! Next week my small group will be pitching in to help me out. I'm so thankful for all of them!

Please pray that the numbness in my left index finger will go away and that my hand will heal correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment