Friday, August 28, 2009

Update and Pictures

So no new major events! =) We are thankful for that. We are still waiting on the evaluation of the damages on our car and it could be 5 more days until that happens. We are thankful that we are able to get a rental car, and will pick that up this afternoon.

I was so thankful that my friend Allison was able to pick me up yesterday and drive me over to Milford to the Human Resource office so that I could sign all the papers to start the job. We also took a trip to the police station so that I could be fingerprinted. I was able to get that all taken care of so that I can start attending the professional development on Monday with the other teachers. I was also able to meet and get lots of good info from the teacher I will be subbing for. So now I can start to prepare for Wednesday 9/2 when the students arrive!

We enjoyed having Allison and her husband Matt over for dinner last night, and hope it will be the first of many times we get together!

I also FINALLY took some pictures of our townhouse...

This is out main living area just inside the front door.





 




Another view of the living room.












Yest another view--you can see the front door and stairs now.









Now I am standing in the living room looking towards the dining room. Just to the left of the dictionary is our door downstairs to the basement. We will be getting our washer and dryer on Sept 1st that will go down there. We also are storing lots of other things down there =) We are very thankful for our basement.










A picture from the dining room looking into the kitchen.










This is the kitchen. It has a gas stove, dishwasher & refrigerator. You can see our back door which leads out to the back parking lot.
















This is taken right in front of the back door looking back towards the dining room.















Now I moved back towards the front door. These are our stairs heading to the second floor.















This is the landing at the top of the stairs. We have a linen closet, bathroom and two bedrooms. The room you can see is the "baby's" room.









This is the "baby's room" currently now our guest room. The beautiful quilt was made for us by my Aunt Tricia. If you look carefully you can see the Yale bulldog on the bed. We got that this week, and it is the baby's first toy! =)













This is the bathroom.
















This is looking into our room from the landing. We are thankful for our air conditioner!!










This is Jason's closet and dresser that we got from IKEA. Jason did a great job putting it together!











This is my closet and dresser.










We are still working on getting everything unpacked and haven't hung anything up on our walls. I'll keep you updated as we progress. But this should give you a good idea of where we are living!

2 comments:

  1. The place looks super cute, Kim!! I am so impressed at how much it looks all put together. Moving is such hard, long work. Good Luck Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like how the dictionary has a prominent spot. :)

    ReplyDelete