Monday, September 7, 2009

Starting teaching & our PA trip

So last week I started my long term sub job. I had a few days of teacher in service on Monday and Tuesday and then the kids came on Wednesday. It really went well the first three days. I have 5 classes of 7th graders. I am teaching them all the same thing. So it is nice that I have only one class to prep for but boring in some ways to teach the same thing 5 times! The kids seem really good overall. They are cute...they seem so little compared to high schoolers. I have a few boys that are a slight handful, but nothing too bad.

I've been tired, but I think with the combination of moving, stolen car, new job, and being pregnant, it is to be expected! =) I hope that this week is a bit easier.

This weekend Jason & I went to PA to celebrate his grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. I had to drive because the rental car was in my name, and was nervous to drive the outskirts of NYC. Thankfully the drive there and back went really well. We had a great time spending time with Jason's family. Much of our time was spent getting ready for the big event. We did get to enjoy our time together on Saturday night and had a fun time watching old slides of Grandma & Grandpa and their kids. Sunday we went to church and then out to family dinner with everyone still left in town.

I am thankful that I had today to rest up and relax before heading into this week of teaching. Hopefully this week will go well. I'll keep you updated on how it goes! Thanks for checking back and reading my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good trip and I got to chat with you yesterday. I wore your black necklace today and thought of you! Hope your first day at school went well!

    ReplyDelete