Thursday, September 17, 2009

The next installment...

Here it is Thursday already! I can't believe that another week has come and gone.

Here are a few things that were highlights of our week:

Friday: 
Our official "date" night where Jason planned for us to go out to a wonderful Chinese (I had hinted I had been "hankering" for that :-) ) and to the Milford mall to see a movie. It was POURING that night, but we still had a good time. And while we didn't love the movie, we enjoyed spending time together. I was also able to skype with my sister Karen in Portugal, my mom & Ellen in Rochester.

Saturday:
I was able to have a nice relaxing day at home while Jason spent most of the day at school working on his homework. I also started and finished the first book in the Harry Potter series. I've been wanting to read them for years, and was excited that several of the 12 million books in the Yale libraries were the Harry Potter books! =) Jason's big accomplishment was figuring out how to use a new piece of software that some of his classes are requiring him to use for his homework. It took until 3am, but he did it! Yeah Jason--I'm proud of you!


Sunday:
We enjoyed being back at Trinity Church and went to the "Trinity 101" class that is the first step of membership. It really allowed us to have a more in depth look at what the church believes and the vision the lead pastor has. We are excited that it is very much in line with where Jason & I would love our church home to be.

Monday:
It was a grim day for the Yale community when the police confirmed that the body they discovered on Sunday was indeed the body of missing graduate student Annie Le. Jason & I were both shaken by this crime that took place about a mile from where Jason spends most of his time. We are comforted that even though we have no idea why this happened, that our God knows and is in control of the situation. We are trusting Him for our safety and well-being and are confident that nothing will happen to us that He doesn't allow. Thanks to several of you for asking about how we were dealing with this situation.

Tuesday:
One major thing is that I was able to see our car! I had to stop by the shop that is fixing it to give them a key and sign some papers. I took the opportunity to look through the car, and found that it was just as the pictures had indicated. The thieves had left all of my school papers, but took anything that was even slightly valuable--even our winter scrapers!? The repair shop is hoping to have our car up and running on Friday.

Later that evening, we decided to venture out to Wal-Mart to pick up somethings that we needed. We headed to the one in Hamden (a town slightly north of us) and were very disappointed. The selection was poor, and we couldn't find some of the major things on our list! We ended up stopping at a grocery store close by and they had a better selection of some of the things we needed! I certainly missed the shopping in Rochester that day.

Wednesday:
We had our normal day of classes & teaching, but several things added on. Jason was able to have an appointment with the head of student medicine about getting his prescriptions filled. It turned out to be a very worthwhile appointment where the doctor seems very concerned with trying to get to the bottom of all the acid reflux symptoms that Jason is having. We are thankful that we have good insurance that will allow any and all of the tests that the doctors feel Jason needs. He will have a consultation with a GI doctor on October 2nd, and will receive the results of several different tests he had done this week via a phone call.

I also had my open house! I think it went very well and the parents were very encouraging to me. Many said that they hope that I can stay longer and/or that I get a job in the district. They of course don't know that I'm pregnant and wouldn't even be able to finish out the year if necessary. Oh well...it was nice to have such positive feedback from them.

Thursday:
Tonight we are heading to our first small group meeting! We are excited about joining a new group and getting to know some other young couples from our church. There are about 12 people in the group, some with young kids and some without. I'll let you know how it goes! The ladies are also planning on going apple picking this Saturday. It sounds fun to me! I just hope I have some clothes that fit that are appropriate for picking apples!! =)


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim, I am so glad that you and Jason have found a church that you like! That is a huge step towards making New Haven feel like home! Also glad that you've found a temp teaching position and that you started small group last night. I miss you and love catching up with you, via your blog!

    ReplyDelete