Well...things have continued to be interesting around here! =)
So the last I wrote is that we were going to our first small group meeting here in CT. We really had a great time meeting most people in the group for the first time. They made us feel very welcome, and we really feel that this is a great fit for us.
We left the group about 9:15 and were headed back home. I was driving because we still had our rental car for one more day. I was merging on to the parkway--now those of you not from here need a bit of an explanation. The parkway has most of its on-ramps marked with stop signs. So you get up to the highway, stop and wait for traffic to clear, and then merge onto the highway. I had just started to merge onto the highway when, bam! We were hit from behind! Another car also trying to merge on somehow seriously misjudged and hit us! It was scary, but Jason & I seemed to be okay. I got out and looked briefly at the car and the guy who hit us. Our car didn't look bad, and the guy was apologetic. I told him we had to call the police because we were in a rental, and he suggested we pull up a bit onto the grass ahead. So we did that and waited for the police.
Jason & I were in disbelief that yet one more thing had happened to us in a car! We were thankful that we seemed to be okay, but were both shaken up. About 10-15 minutes later a state police officer arrived and first spoke with the other car. He then came and talked with us. He mainly wanted to make sure we were okay. I decided that I should tell him that I was pregnant so that it could be recorded just in case....because of that he strongly recommended that someone come and check me out. I agreed.
So soon enough an ambulance pulled up...and then a second one arrived! =) They came and asked me a few questions and it became evident that they really wanted to take me to the hospital to be checked out. I thought they just wanted to check me in the ambulance, but they asked which hospital, etc, and before I knew it I was laying down in the ambulance on the stretcher and on my way to the Yale-New Haven hospital. I was assured that Jason would be able to drive the car to the hospital and meet me there.
I had never been in an ambulance before, so that was a new experience! The EMT was very nice and I could tell he was trying to get me to calm down and relax. My heart rate was a bit too high, but I guess my blood pressure was okay. By the time we reached the hospital I think my heart rate had come down to normal levels.
I was brought off the ambulance on the stretcher and rolled into the ER where my vitals were taken and I was given a small room. They did let me get up and walk from the stretcher to the bed in the ER. I was at the hospital no more than 20 minutes before Jason did arrive. I talked to a nurse and then a PA came in to examine me a bit more. They ran some tests and then did an ultrasound.
We were assured that everything looked fine. The baby was moving around a lot, so much so that the PA had a hard time finding the heart rate. I think all that adrenaline that I was pumping had the baby moving around a lot! =) It was neat to see another picture of our baby. We could see much more details and growth compared to the previous ultrasound at 7ish weeks. But both Jason & I breathed a sigh of relief that everything seemed to be okay! Shortly after that I was released and we arrived home at midnight....so Thursday was quite the day!
Friday the teachers at school couldn't believe that something else had happened to me! But school went well. I was achy and tired, but the students were great. After school I came home, waited for Jason, and then we headed to get our car! It was finally done! It looked great. We then drove back to drop off our rental car, explain what had happened, and fill out a report with Enterprise. They felt that there was probably no damage, but will have it checked just to make sure.
So we FINALLY have our car back, the rental car returned, and most likely a paperwork trail still to follow!
Stay tuned...we hope that this is the last of our car issues.
Here is are some pictures of our car back at home, with its new security system! =)
Happy Mom Day
1 year ago

Yikes! What a crazy first month you've had. Glad all 3 of you are okay! Praise God!
ReplyDelete