So I wanted to update you on a few things...
Baby:
Things in my pregnancy seem to be going very well. I had an appointment here in CT a few weeks ago and we got to hear the heartbeat! It was fun to hear that and be assured again that things are going well. She also said that she'd have someone call and schedule my ultrasound for October. So I was able to schedule that for October 12th! Hopefully that day we will find out if we are having a boy or girl =)
Car:
The car is going to be towed to a body shop someone at my job recommended in Milford. GEICO has sent me a check for what they have authorized/estimated the cost of repairs, and will be in communication with the repair shop. Hopefully that will be ready in another week or so. We are still using the rental car, and are very thankful for it! I think we are on the homestretch of this!
Jason's Classes:
Jason has finished a full week of classes, and it finding that Yale certainly is going to be an academically challenging place to learn! He is finalizing his final schedule, and figuring out how to fit everything in. I know that he will do very well in his classes! He is excited about the opportunity to really learn a lot of new things, and working on finding the right balance of school & home. He also was able to pick up a job for 10 hours a week working for his adviser, Claire, on one of her grants working with Hunter-Gatherer languages.
My job:
Things continue to go well in my job. I am liking the 7th graders, but really missing the familiarity of Brighton. I miss my colleagues, students, and the comfort level there was. However, it is fun to meet new people and have something to help us out financially. I was able to tell the principal at the school today that I was pregnant and that I wouldn't be able to take the second long term job that they were hoping I could cover. It would have started in January, and they likely would have had to get a sub for me. Not fair to the kids. I am just as happy to be working full time until Thanksgiving and then have a much more flexible schedule.
Happy Mom Day
1 year ago

No comments:
Post a Comment